Asura Site Kunjala Attractions of ASI Ranchi Circle
Asura Site Kunjala
The Asura site Kunjala first came into notice in the year 1915 by Shri S.C. Roy. The mound covered with ruins of bricks and red ware pottery. A. Ghosh has carried out excavation towards north-western portion of the site and exposed the remains of a structure. The bricks used in the construction measuring in size 43 x 22 x 6 cm, 44 x 23 x 5.5 cm and these bricks were not well oxidized.. The building consisted in Plan of four rooms. The largest being 5 x 4 x 0.15 meter and smallest 2.5 meters long with a veranda. The completely exposed structure were surrounded by a compound wall has been discovered during the course of excavation at the site. Red ware pottery in coarse fabric, thicker in section and terracotta red in colour was found from here. Most of the pottery is wheel made though some hand made sherds were also found. The decorative pattern used in pottery includes a row of concentric circles, wavy lines, rows of embossed triangles and moulded pattern. The site has assigned the date to the early centuries of Christian era.