Site of Old Fort Attractions of ASI Ranchi Circle
Site of Old Fort
The old Fort of Ruam was metioned in district Gazetteer of Singhbhum in 1910. The Gazetteer also mentions that it was a place of Srava Kas or Jainas. According to local legend, a king named Ruam ruled from this place and from this the place has named as Ruam. The fort was made of clay, mud and earthen rampart. Presently the site has a mound full with brickbats and red ware, pot sherds. Close to the site is an old tank also remains of copper --- indicates that once it was a centre for copper smelting in past. The site has been assign dated to historical period.